-
January 28th, 2003, 09:40 PM
#41
HB Forum Owner
Yeah, they should illustrate the children with reality. If I was a teacher, I'd try to be like a master in the middle age. I'd take them to the big cities, and show them the best and the worst, including drunk people, effects of drugs, car crashes, etc., and I'd ask for permission to take them to an hospital to see people who died because of drugs, images of regular and tobacco-affected lungs, etc.
-
January 29th, 2003, 10:14 AM
#42
Inactive Member
The trouble is that the effects of the drugs, only appear after a long time using them. When the bad is done. And much people don't understand how do they work. Education is vital in that meaning. And it gets worse and worse, IMO...
-
January 29th, 2003, 10:28 AM
#43
HB Forum Owner
That's why educators should be much... bolder when telling kids stuff; education is too neutral nowadays, they avoid giving the kids ideas, all they do is to teach them grammar and math, and IMO that's just one part what I consider proper education. The most valuable education is the moral education, something that is completely missing in today's education.
-
January 29th, 2003, 10:33 AM
#44
Inactive Member
Very true, nowadays we avoid too much that kids see how the world is actually.
-
January 29th, 2003, 09:06 PM
#45
Inactive Member
I'm sure you would be a very popular teacher, Wiseman.
It's not a case of if the schools are teaching the stuff well enough. The bigger question is if the students are taking notice. I get one lesson about drugs and other medical things every week. Still doesn't seem to work. And i doubt shock education will work very well either.
-
January 29th, 2003, 10:00 PM
#46
HB Forum Owner
-
January 29th, 2003, 10:16 PM
#47
Inactive Member
I think it would, when you have someone you know personally be affected by drugs/alchohol, then you will be against them, and shock education like Miguel says wouldn't have the same effect, but it'd still be good.
-
January 30th, 2003, 11:24 AM
#48
Inactive Member
I have an uncle who was caught with drugs by the police, of course he really did nothing (my uncle is not that stupid, i know him well enough to see that he would not do that) He doesn't use them, but somebody put them there, and my uncle was taken. Now he is free but was a true trouble for him.
-
January 30th, 2003, 05:31 PM
#49
HB Forum Owner
Another good reason why we should pursue all drug merchants and farmers, throw them in a dungeon, and obliterate all found drug fields and laboratories.
-
January 30th, 2003, 06:39 PM
#50
Inactive Member
Imagine setting fire to a cocaine field... Loads of stoned US officials! LOL
The reason governments doesn't ban Tobacco and Alchohol: Money. Apparently the root of all evil.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks